Add new users plugin loops on subsites

The add-new-users plugin on my site loops infinitely when adding a single user when on a subsite!!! I tried it as an admin on a subsite and as a superadmin on same subsite, but same thing happens. Doesn’t happen, however, on the main site when superadmin adds a user the same way.

I will open support so you can see what I mean. It works on main site; then you can check out testsite2’s site and you’ll see that adding new users infinintely loops!

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @carmelo,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

I have checked your site and can see the issue there but I was unable to replicate the same behaviour on my multisite installation.

Have you checked for any conflicts by disabling other plugins and switching to default WP theme?

I see that you have some other plugins for handling users, like User Role Editor, so you might want to try testing without such plugins first.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Carmelo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I disabled every plugin except the add-new-users plugin and the problem still happens!

I originally took out 3 default roles (author, editor, contributor) and renamed the other two. I tried adding both roles of those two, no luck. I tried adding back all the normal account admin capabilities and no luck, even as superadmin. I then even restored the original 5 roles and still no luck.

I just can’t get this plugin to work!

• Carmelo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

So I made another test account, now with the 5 full roles available. But it seems any subsite created just are still stuck on the two roles I had before, same names and everything, though the names are different. It’s as if I cannot add change the roles on the subsites, though I push the role updates to ‘all sites’ with the user role editor.

But now the add new users plugin works with all 5 roles present, though this is still a little messed up… It still just shows the 2 roles that you can enter in before… That’s fine but hmm..

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Carmelo,

I tried playing around with the User Role Editor on my site but still was unable to replicate this behaviour but had no luck in doing so.

Could you provide me with any steps I could try in User Role Editor to replicate this so I could see with the developers if it’s something that can be fixed on our end?

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.