Add New Users - usernames appearing as code a:0:{}

when I try to add new users using ‘Add new users’ plugin on this specific sub site http://avro.hubbli.com/members/ the names are all appearing as the same code a:0:{}

I have turned off all the plugins and this is still happening.

As far as I can tell this is the only sub site it is happening on.

I have tried to Grant Support Access but for some reason that isn’t working either,… is there something wrong with my account?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jono_39, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I'd like to have a closer look at what's going on here, as this is definitely an odd issue, could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (just in case we need to look at the database here, so phpMyAdmin or similar needed)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jono_39,

After a good deal of debugging here, the cause of this issue is actually due to a bug in the BP Multi Network plugin, and how it looks at Extended Profile fields.

The remedy for this would be to delete the additional profile fields on the subsite in question, and then recreate them (making sure to create the "Name" field first).

As for the reason why, when BP Multi Network looks at the "bp_xprofile_fields" table for a subsite inside the database, for example:

dbprefix_44_bp_xprofile_fields

It looks at the information from the extended profile field with the lowest ID (e.g. if there's profile field IDs of 1, 3 & 5 [each representing a different profile field], BP Multi Network will look to field ID #1, even if that's a checkbox).

If the "Name" field is created first, BP Multi Network will look to that field, and display the information contained in that field inside of the Members page (as well as any other places where that information would be used).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Edit: Another thing, once you've deleted the fields & recreated them, you'll also need to go into the database, and remove the old extended profile field entries from the "bp_xprofile_fields" table for that subsite (you should see them in prefix_86_bp_xprofile_fields, replacing "prefix" with the prefix for your database).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.