Add Ninja Forms Regisration

I am using Memberships 2 on one of my sites and it’s a “locals only” private site, when people register, I want to qualify them before they can create a user name and password

so I made a form in Ninja Forms that rejects them.

If they aren’t allowed or passes them on to create the name and password of they are

and I want to divert them, so when they hit”register” instead of going to the registration page they go to the form I made.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey mary,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

Membership 2 takes over registration page but it still uses shortcodes for stuff to happen there.

So what you can do is create new registration page and in there paste the shortcodes from your current registration page.

And in your current registration page replace current shortcode with shortcode of your form and have it redirect to your new registration page.

Would this do the trick for you? :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

• mary
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, it would certainly do the trick but unfortunately that’s not how it works! There is no separate short code for the registration page or process; it’s all one code for the whole sign-up, it seems, and there does not seem to be any way to force that registration link to go anywhere else other than into that front booth. Even with all short code removed from the page and no text there, the same message appears, and the Ninja Forms short code is ignored.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mary,

Are you visiting your registration page while logged out because since a registration page it's available only for visitors, not logged in users?

If you're still seeing membership form even while logged out can you try clearing your browser cache because your Ninja Form is showing properly from my end:

After I filled in my details and selected country in southern California I was provided with registration link that took me to membership registration page.

It seems to me that the process is correct now, can you tell me if I'm missing something here?

Best regards,

Predrag

• mary

Hello,

Everything works fine from my registration page forward (I have actually switched to a Caldera Forms form that I think works a bit better than the Ninja one for my purposes). What doesn’t work still is having my form come up when you hit “register” from the initial protected content page (in the Memberships plug in) that the unregistered customer gets upon accessing the site. That page is represented by one short code that includes the “register” link you click on in the lower left hand corner; if I could edit the underlying form that the short code represents I could swap out the link so clicking there brings you to my form but I don’t see any way to do that. When I go to edit the page there is only the one short code there. Is there any way to find the underlying form the short code is representing so i can edit it?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mary,

I had another look at your site but I’m afraid that I don’t quite understand what the issue is there, I’m having different experience from what you described above.

If I visit homepage I’m greeted with state selector straight away and if I select available country I’m redirected to membership selection page.

Same thing happens if I try with random protected page, again I need to select correct state and then I’m redirected to page to select my membership.

Please let me know if I’m missing something here or give us some additional steps we could follow to see the current behaviour and then tell us at which step it needs to be different.

Best regards,

Predrag

• mary

Yes, I need to close this thread because I just figured out how to do it thanks to some input from a helpful support hero, Jorge. He worked very hard on it and came up with a solution but I was working on it at the same time, I think, and came up with a different solution based on something he’d suggested earlier and now it’s doing exactly what I wanted! So all is well.

I created the form with the state selector using Caldera Forms, put it on a page, and changed the static front page to that page instead of the original home page. I was able to use the “Theme My Log In” plug in to put the small “Log In” link in the upper corner, which allowed me to get rid of the protected content page that was generated by the Memberships plugin, since that one had a link I couldn’t change that was bringing me to a registration page that bypassed my state selector. The registration link on the TML Log In can be changed, so I substituted the one I made, and now it does everything I wanted it to. Nobody can sneak in there without entering their state and county. Of course they can still lie about where they live but I’m not going to administer a lie detector test! Anyway thanks for your input. I guess I will mark this as resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.