Add Own Videos

If I wanted to add my own videos to the integrated video tutorials plugin, How would I go about this.. I have certain plugins that I want to explain to clients but keep the same feel by adding them to the video tutorials area of the plugin

Thanks

Or is there any literature out there on creating a plugin of our own similar to this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings scott74,

If I wanted to add my own videos to the integrated video tutorials plugin, How would I go about this

Thanks for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

This feature is not currently available but we'd love to:

a. put it into consideration for future development

b. see if we can help you hack it in for the moment

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you have come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we are aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

Here in the forum there's a nod that it will happen but that was about 4 m onths ago. Meantime here's a plugin that does it. (haven't tried it yet)

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/emc2-custom-help-videos/

Also I stumbled across this while locating the link above...

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/training-tab/faq/

Also to offer your own videos you really don't need a plugin per se. Just a video player with playlist capabilities and a custom dashboard metabox. or put them on the front-end.

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Thanks Recreate.... I will check out the first one.... I have some cutom dashboard meta boxes that uses the visual editor so should not be to bad... Also could add them to the help menu... just liked the layout of the wpmu plugin but yes could be achieved with player and thumnails somehow..

@aecnu... I will le tyou know what I come up with.. thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to the thread and mark it Not Resolved by checking the box under your comments.

Thanks for using the WPMU forums!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.