Add Page to Easy Blogging?

Hi,

Is there an easy way to add another item to the menu? We need to provide a link to our support page (which can either be a Dashboard page or an external page).

Thanks,

Mark

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I don't mind doing a little coding if necessary (although it would be great to have a GUI way to do it).

Would there be a way to create a custom menu item with Admin Menu Editor, and have the Easy Blogging plugin recognize and include it?

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi,
    I added this code as a plugin for adding the products to Easy Admin.

function add_products_easy ($items) {

$items[] = array (
    		'check_callback' => false, // Custom callback function for access checking.
    		'capability' => 'edit_posts', // User capability needed to access this page. Can be set to "false".
    		'url' => 'edit.php?post_type=product', // The path to your page
    		'icon' => 'http://fondelifair.com/wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/themes/stripes_orange/assets/icons/theme_icons/new-post.png', // Full URL to your icon
    		'title' => __('Products', 'wdeb'), // Your link text
    		'help' => __('My Products', 'wdeb'), // A short help string for your link
    	);
    	return $items;
    }
    add_filter('wdeb_menu_items', 'add_products_easy');

I have used this structure to add different pages to Easy Admin and it has worked everytime.

I hope this helps!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Wow, thanks for mentioning that Fondeli. It's been a while since the idea of adding a menu item/page to the menu was brought up and I totally forgot about the filter!

I was going to say initially, I'd suspect that would be the first thing folks would request, is how to add pages. Fortunately, seems easy enough with the filter.

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Panda and welcome to WPMU DEV!

You can add that code tidbit to your theme's functions.php file, or alternatively you can wrap that with the basic plugin code provided at the following page from the codex:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin#File_Headers

Also if you're referring to the plugin automatically starting in Easy Mode, yep that can be done in the options at Easy Blogging > Easy Blogging using the "Force "Easy" mode for user with this role and below" option.

Hope that helps!

-David

• noomiastudio
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi !

Thanks to Fondeli, I can add what I want in the menu :slight_smile: ! But I want "one more thing" :wink: ! How could I add submenu to easy bloging ? For example, I have a menu "My page", and I would find the different pages as submenu :slight_smile: !

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

This would be great if it could get added to the easy blogging settings...... The settings would show all the menu items and sub menu items that show in advanced mode and then you could just select or deselect whatever you want and also drag and drop the arrangement..

This would be much much more easier and more entertaining to new WPMU members..

There seems to always be a missing piece for what you want to accomplish so its frustrating to be 3/4 of the way there :slight_smile:

Adding the funtionality to easy blogging that this plugin offers would be phenomenal.....

Different Easy Blogging Menus to display for different levels of membership and ability to add i frames in menu items you make up :slight_smile:

http://wpplugins.com/plugin/146/admin-menu-editor-pro/ Think this is part of wpmu

This guy does a great job of demonstrating... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K97cr7uC54

This combined with easy blogger somehow would be powerful.... Is this something that can be looked at?

PSS Would a workaround be using the supporter plugin to at least add a tab easliy...? I saw in the video that you could add tabs..with the supporter or now site pro plugin or would you have to charge? Did not know if there was a way to make it show for free as a temp workaround for just showing the extra tabs part..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.