Add products to cart that are not in the database

This might be a crazy question but here goes.

I am working with a vendor for a client and they provide a javascript feed that I can place on my site to display their products: See here. Currently a user can click on Add to Cart and it will simply open a Paypal window allowing the user to complete a purchase. However, I would like to be able to have users add the products to the cart that exists on the site so they can continue shopping and also purchase some of the other goods available on the site.

The feed is capable of passing several parameters such as price, brand, product name and SKU when a user clicks on the Add to Cart button. I want to know if it is possible to have a product added to the cart based on those parameters even when it doesn't exist in my database. Is something like this possible with MarketPress?

The vendor says that others have successfully done this with Magento but to their knowledge no one has yet with WordPress.

• Alexander

Hi there @kylem,

Right now this isn't possible with MarketPress. The products must exist in the Wordpress database before they can be added to cart.

However, through custom development, there may be ways to do this. The cart and checkout of MarketPress do require the products to exist, but you might be able to work something out where a new product is created and added to the database if it doesn't exist beforehand.

If you need to hire a developer, we do have a great number of members that have a lot of experience in that area, and we strongly recommend you check out their profiles on WPMU Jobs: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.