Add Shop Type category to Marketpress and add widget to allow global display

Hi,

I really would like to see a built in ability for Marketpress to display my network of shops by the category they fall into rather than just the products they supply

eg, clothing, shoes, toys, etc.

A simple way to incorporate a selectable list would be great as I find shoppers are looking for a particular item. At the moment, there doesn't appear to be a way to browse the network of shop in this way.

Thanks

• harryhayes

Hi Phil

Following your previous advice a coupe of days ago, I installed blog types and configured.

It works really well but actually does nothing really useable without further coding required. Something I am sadly not able to do.

It all looked really promising but it does not integrate into the searches and does not provide a way for users to find shops by the categories I have configured.

What I really wanted, was a simple way to add and display shops by these categories and also to search for them by the category that you create with blog types.

I do feel that it would be better to simply build in this functionality to Marketpress or as a plugin rather than have a clunky solution that requires coding knowledge.

Please let me know if you have already heard of a way to add the categories created with the Blog Types plugin, to the Blog Directory plugins search facility and indeed to a widget which would be just as useful.

Thanks

Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.