Add Shop Type category to Marketpress and add widget to allow global display

Hi,

I really would like to see a built in ability for Marketpress to display my network of shops by the category they fall into rather than just the products they supply

eg, clothing, shoes, toys, etc.

A simple way to incorporate a selectable list would be great as I find shoppers are looking for a particular item. At the moment, there doesn't appear to be a way to browse the network of shop in this way.

Thanks

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Do you mean the categories their products are in or a category that can be assigned to a store?

By default there's no way to assign a category to a store (aka site) in WordPress.

You might want to look at Blog Types which would provide that, although using the categories in any meaningful way would require some custom development.

Thanks,
    Phil

• harryhayes
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Phil

Following your previous advice a coupe of days ago, I installed blog types and configured.

It works really well but actually does nothing really useable without further coding required. Something I am sadly not able to do.

It all looked really promising but it does not integrate into the searches and does not provide a way for users to find shops by the categories I have configured.

What I really wanted, was a simple way to add and display shops by these categories and also to search for them by the category that you create with blog types.

I do feel that it would be better to simply build in this functionality to Marketpress or as a plugin rather than have a clunky solution that requires coding knowledge.

Please let me know if you have already heard of a way to add the categories created with the Blog Types plugin, to the Blog Directory plugins search facility and indeed to a widget which would be just as useful.

Thanks

Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.