Add sign up button for subscription to other pages

Hello,

So far I am impressed with how easy it is to create a working membership site with your plug in, but I had a few questions.

Is it possible to create a stand-alone button to place on other pages that will take visitors through the process of signing up and purchasing an subscription? I want to have a link on my banner to "Sign up now" for a free subscription, and not take them to the registration page.

Is it possible to edit the text inside the shortcode for the memberships options page? I'm mostly interested in editing the introduction text "We have the following subscriptions available for our site"

Thank you so much!

- Doug

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Doug,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Is it possible to create a stand-alone button to place on other pages that will take visitors through the process of signing up and purchasing an subscription?

Absolutely you can and make sure it links to the Membership plugins registration page i.e. http://yourdomain.com/register/

Also you may want to see the effect on those paths in Protected groups i.e. Logged into the admin dashboard --> Membership --> Options --> Downloads Media tab --> Protected groups

But using level shortcodes is a sure way to manage the situation.

I want to have a link on my banner to "Sign up now" for a free subscription, and not take them to the registration page.

Though you can indeed change the registration page, the end user must go through the membership plugins registration page - there is no way around it.

Membership even free - requires registration as proof of membership thereof.

Otherwise there is no way to track the member regardless of the level.

Is it possible to edit the text inside the shortcode for the memberships options page?

Screen shot of the options page please showing/indicating the item you want to change.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• doug_doehrman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks so much for your help.

What I was trying to do is reproduce part of the registration page on other pages of my site.

For example include just one subscription option complete with sign up button (That opens registration form in pop up) on a different page.

I attached a screen shot.

I would like to be able to change the "Select a Subscription" Text to something like "Our Services"

And edit the text "We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details." to something like "Our site offers many services..blahblahblah"

I also think that the "Sign up" text is very difficult to read. Is it possible to change its color or make it bold or something?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks -

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Doug,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly appreciated.

Unfortunately it appears your screen shot did not make it for some unknown reason.

What I was trying to do is reproduce part of the registration page on other pages of my site.

For example include just one subscription option complete with sign up button (That opens registration form in pop up) on a different page.

Changing the registration page from what it is out of the box or pop up is indeed custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provided here but obviously we do try to help if we can.

With that said, to override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config.php file:

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

Usage: define('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

That should make it so you can get your custom sub pages going how you want.

I would like to be able to change the "Select a Subscription" Text to something like "Our Services"

In this case though we could certainly hard code it in, it is also just as certain the change will get waxed when an update is performed.

Therefore we could use something like the Ultimate Branding plugin, specifically the Network Wide Text Change module which would indeed survive Membership plugin updates.

I also think that the "Sign up" text is very difficult to read. Is it possible to change its color or make it bold or something?

I am certain that it is possible but if you create your own custom registration forms this is probably a moot point.

Let me know how it goes with the things we can fix and look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.