Add site link to Update Notifications page

In regards to the member Update Notifications page:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun

This page would be more useful if it had a link to the site instead of just the URL. If you 'target="_blank"' the link most browsers will not send the referer data, so it won't affect their stats. I would prefer if the link were simply an icon next to the domain name, NOT the domain name.

Maybe have *another* link (via icon) that goes to the WPMUDEV Dashboard (/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=wpmudev) for each site as well.

It would also be nice if there was a way to permanently remove a domain from the list. I have a couple on there for sites that simply don't exist anymore - and while it's nice I can "disable" updates for them, I would just as soon remove them entirely.

Thank you!

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

Now that I think about it, it would be very cool if I could create and manage other URL patterns, too. For example, I regularly use these patterns on my WPMS sites:

/wp-admin/network/users.php?sortby=registered&order=desc&apage=1&orderby=id
    /wp-admin/network/update-core.php
    /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=ust

And these for all my standard WP sites:

/wp-admin/index.php
    /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=ust
    /wp-admin/edit-comments.php

There's a few more I use, but this should give you an idea of how it could function. If you use Google Reader they have a very similar function in the "Send To" settings page to "Create a custom link". Check out how that works for implementation ideas.

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

Each of these changes would help to ensure that WPMUDEV was more fully ingrained into my day-to-day activities, instead of simple an accessory that, no matter how much I love, is simply "something else" I need to deal with.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shawn,

Thank you for your feedback and your coding, it is greatly appreciated.

I will tag this post to facilitate our lead developer getting his hands on it.

I personally could not visit the URL you gave above for unknown reasons but I am guessing because I am on staff.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers, Joe

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

You haven't used the Update Notifications page? Ouch. It really is one of the most awesome features of the new site launch. Really.

It has the current WP, WPMS, and BP versions installed, how many WPMUDEV plugins+themes are in use on each domain, and a link to the currently available WPMUDEV updates and how many updates are available for each domain -- and the version numbers installed when there's an update available. Very nifty stuff.

For most users it should be under the WPMUDEV logo in the menubar, pick "Your Update Notifications". This is really *the* most impressive feature for developers such as myself that use WPMUDEV products.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shawn,

In my last post I was really lost digging into one of my web sites because that is where I thought you were referring.

But in fact I was right the first time and I do not have access to that page, and it must be staff permissions.

Perhaps someday in the near future they will get the rest of the kinks worked out of the new web site.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.