Add text to "add new ticket" page

I see a lot of people asking how to add custom inputs for the support form and see that is not easy but how about just adding some descriptive text to the "add new ticket" page in the back end? I am not use the support page templates, will attach a screen shot.

I just want to add some text asking users to be sure and include specific info when submitting a ticket to prevent the back & forth emails when they don't give you enough details as to what the issue is.

Possible to add text to the page?

thanks!

• Ash

Hello @George

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can add extra text if you use front end feature for adding new ticket. Then when you use shortcode, just put extra text before the shortcode like:

My Extra Text

[support-system-submit-ticket-form]

To set extra text in backend, please use the following code:

add_action( 'admin_head', 'set_extra_text' );
    function set_extra_text() {
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(function($) {
            if($('select#ticket-cat').length){
              $('select#ticket-cat').closest('.wrap').find('h2').after('<p>Extra text</p>');
            }
          });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.