Add the facebook plugin [wdfb_connect]

How do I properly add the shortcode from Ultimate Facebook [wdfb_connect] (Logon with facebook) to the non-logged-in intro page BELOW the area where you type your user credentials to log in? I would Ideally like it right below the "Remember me" checkbox.

Thanks

• PC

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your post.

I haven't tried it so use it with care and take proper backups before you do it.

Starting point : http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

File to edit : bp-social\lib\templates\wp-template\top-header.php

You can look for the code for remember me and then add the do shortcode there.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Dave

I did manage to add the button in, thanks to your direction, but now I have a new problem between the theme and the plugin (Actually I've seen it before). And I need to track down where it's coming from. So forgive for having to ask both developers some of the same questions....

I see strange refresh behavior when I use the Facebook plugin on this theme. It seems like it's always trying to do a page refresh. Actually on the intro screen, with the shortcode it looks like it's doing an Ajax refresh. Is there anything in the theme which would be calling a refresh like that? I'm guessing not, but I need to ask in order to track the problem down. You can see the problem live http://steubenonline.com

• Dave

Thanks for you help, thought I'd offer an update:

The strange reset behavior had nothing to do with the theme (As I suspected).
    The problem was an incompatibility between wpmu plugins Ultimate Facebook and Chat.

For future reference, here's the code changes I made to bp-social\lib\templates\wp-template\top-header.php to get Ultimate Facebook login working:

Original: (at line 153)

<p class="small"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" name="rememberme" id="rememberme" value="forever" title="<?php _e( 'Remember Me', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?>" />

<?php _e( 'Remember Me', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?></p>

<?php do_action( 'bp_login_bar_logged_out' ) ?>

</form>

Changed:

<p class="small"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" name="rememberme" id="rememberme" value="forever" title="<?php _e( 'Remember Me', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?>" />
    <?php _e( 'Remember Me', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?> </br>
    <?php // Insert Ultimate Facebook Login shortcode.
    echo do_shortcode('[wdfb_connect]');
    ?></p>
    <?php do_action( 'bp_login_bar_logged_out' ) ?>
    </form>

This should be "Cookie cutter" for anyone else that wants to do this.

• PC

Hello Dave,

Thanks for posting back and letting us know about the same.

The strange reset behavior had nothing to do with the theme (As I suspected).
    The problem was an incompatibility between wpmu plugins Ultimate Facebook and Chat.

As you said it's the UFB and Chat plugin, was the ajax issue caused due to the Chat plugin ? I am asking coz the code change you made was not in the chat plugin but the social theme.

Cheers, PC

• Dave

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I had many problem going on at once. And apparently have some thing crisscrossed as the problems evolved.

This code DOES NOT fix the incompatibility problem between Ultimate Facebook and social Chat. This code ONLY places the Ultimate Facebook "Logon with Facebook" button on the non-logged in front page of BP-Social Theme.

The problem between Chat and Ultimate Facebook is that, as we understand it now, they are both making the same Ajax calls. You can follow that thread here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-facebook-refresh-problem

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.