added a second 'post type' but can't get it to show in site

hi

I have installed Classifieds plug-in and it works fine. I have added a second 'post type' called 'auditions' and anew panel has loaded under the classifieds panel.

but I can't find out our to add this to the navigation menu. There is no corresponding category or page under ‘post’ or ‘pages’

• adg

I have classified but I want to make a completely seperate set of classifieds for auditions.

1. on the nav bar there would be a classifieds link which goes to a page of classifieds with its own 'add listings' page etc

2. on the nav bar there would be a another link called auditions which goes to a page of auditions with its own 'add listings' page etc

I was hoping to have a add listings form for classifieds and another for auditions as they would have different form content and prices

• Mason

Hiya,

Thanks for the additional information.

1. on the nav bar there would be a classifieds link which goes to a page of classifieds with its own 'add listings' page etc

2. on the nav bar there would be a another link called auditions which goes to a page of auditions with its own 'add listings' page etc

Are your referring to the front-end or the admin area for these? If it's showing up in the admin, then you just need to create links to your archive pages for the new post type. You can create a new one base don the template supplied with the classifieds plugin. Go to classifieds/ui-front/general/page-classifieds.php

You could basically make a copy of this file and rename it to use your new post-type (also edit the contents to grab the new post type). You'd just copy this file at your theme root and you'll be good to go for the listing.

Adding a listing on the front-end is a bit trickier, but it can be done. Look again in the plugin directory classifieds/ui-front/buddypress/members/single/classifieds/create-new.php for this. (it only works with BuddyPress activated).

Hope that helps!

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.