Added a snippet, now website is just a white screen

To Whom it May Concern,

HELP!!!!!!

I am in the process of building a new website. While adjusted the online portion of the store, I added the following snippet in the functions.php file within my theme folder:

addaction( 'woocommercebeforecarttable', 'wooaddcontinueshoppingbuttontocart' );

function wooaddcontinueshoppingbuttontocart() {

$shoppageurl = getpermalink( woocommercegetpageid( 'shop' ) );

echo '<div class="woocommerce-message">';

echo ' Continue Shopping ? Need some more products?';

echo '</div>';

}

This snippet, i should also add, I found in the documentation section of woothemes support.

Once I added that code, the screen went blank. Now I can't access the website. Can you help me with this? I need immediate help.

I am also attaching two shots - what the folder looked like before adding the snippet, and what it looked like afterwards.

The log in information is as follows:

[removed for security]

• Tyler Postle

Hey Nicholas,

Oh no! Seeing that white screen is always the worst feeling isn't it.

Lets get this resolved shall we :slight_smile:

I've removed your username and password from the post as this is a public forum, so you do not want to post any login credentials here.

Can you send me in your FTP and WP credentials privately through our support forum? That way I can get this sorted for you.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

**it is best not to edit files from within the WordPress editor, for this very reason, you can get locked out. In the future, using something like FTP or your web hosts file manager will be better then you can easily revert any changes made that might have broken the site.

Look forward to hearing back Nicholas!

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Nicholas

Tyler,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I actually fixed the issue myself. To you point, I now definitely know that when it comes to editing themes, I should absolutely do that through my host rather than the dashboard of my website.

To what end, does WPMU DEV have any documentation on the host WP engine? I am trying to familiarize myself with using this host and am looking to learn all that I can.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.