Added feature to Pro Site: plugin activation based on Level

Hi, I found an issue managing my pro sites: I was creating new premium plugins for my clients and wanted to 'activate' the plugin ONLY for PRO or ELITE (in my case) users. By activate I mean, I wanted the plugin to be active not only accessible to them.

This became especially an issue when I replace a premium stats plugin with a better one I modified: I had to mass deactivate and then activate only for the paying customers. Basically I wanted to merge the Multisite PLugin Management plugin into the Pro Sites Plugin so that under Premium Plugins I could assign, activate and deactivate based on LEVEL.

I spent quite some time and its not quite perfect yet. Is it worth posting here anyway ( maybe get quite a few brownie points :slight_smile: or is it too specific for me? The reason I did it in the end instead of using Multisite PLugin Manager was the conflict the two did together and there was no other way to mass deactivate a plugin. Level activation instead was just simply missing. As the manager of an MU I thought it was important to have in Pro Sites. Now I can assign a plugin to a level and it will auto activate (or not) when the site is created, but there was no way to force activate a plugin ONLY based on a LEVEL.

Ciao and good night.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

I'm not sure if you are asking if it's possible or?

you can set a plugin to auto-activate based on a minimum pro-site level. but not just for a specified level.

so if you have 3 levels

and you set it to activate on level 2, then it will also activate for level 3 also.

forgive me if I have misunderstood your query.

are you asking if it can be changed so that you can select each level individually?

in other words, if set to level 2, it will only activate for level 2 & not level 2 & 3?

thanks.

• Jeff
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

What I meant was to activate a plugin for a specific level (and up of course).

This is a feature missing and quite fundamental to plugin management when dealing with premium plugins for many sites.

What you are talking about is setting to auto activate but this only activates the plugin for a new site not existing sites.

• Jeff

Vaughan fantastic, but what I was trying to explain was that I've created this already.

I can upload it for you to take a look if you want. Its not perfect and i get a header warning (which isn't great but doesn't affect anything) but it works.

I can activate plugins on a level status, I can mass activate for all statues, and mass deactivate a dead plugin before deleting it.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

oh, i completely misunderstood that lmao

yes by all means if you can post a url where we can download it from, i'm sure the developer will happily take a look at it. i'm sure the header warning is something that could be fixed. call it a beta version.

i'm sure other members will no doubt want to try it also.

many thanks.

• Jeff

Thank you so much Vaughan, these are the kinda points I'm after :slight_smile:

What I did was just zip up my modified version of the pro-sites plugin. Can I just attached it here, so best to put it somewhere else?

• Jeff

Sorry for the slow replies. Im on vacation and I'm limited to the once in a while coffee shop stops for internet. :slight_smile:

Here is the file. Look for stefano as a marker.

Please do let me know if you find any issues, bugs, (fix the header thingy) because I use this on a weekly basis.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.