Added Memebrship plug-in and now captioning does not work on all pages.

OK, this is driving me batty!
I installed Membership and found that captions stopped working on some of the sites' pages. I then deactivated Membership, but the image captions still won't work! I don't know if this is Membership related, but it was the only change that took place at this time, and I am at a complete loss...

If you take a look at this page, you will see the image captions made using [caption] working correctly:
https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/about/norman-kate

If you take a peek at this page, you'll see two copies of the same image. The first one, with no CSS formatting whatsoever is added to the page using [caption].

The second copy of the image is surrounded by a div with the styles coped from the theme's style sheet.

I have never seen anything like this! How can the css work correctly on some of the pages, and not work on others?

Help!

• aecnu

Greetings camparoo,

After looking over this ticket I am totally confused as to exactly what plugin you are referring to because the topic chosen is the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet the content of the ticket seems to be all about Membership?

Please clarify this minor discrepancy at your earliest convenience.

If indeed this is Membership that we are involved with, have you set up the levels yet to include the stranger level?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• camparoo

OK, let me try to explain more clearly. I didn't list Membership as the issue because the plugin is deactivated. I made this quite clear in my above description of the problem.

I installed Membership and found that captions stopped working on some of the sites' pages. I then deactivated Membership, but the image captions still won't work! I don't know if this is Membership related, but it was the only change that took place at this time, and I am at a complete loss...

If you take a look at this page, you will see the image captions made using [caption] working correctly:
    https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/about/norman-kate

If you take a peek at this page, you'll see two copies of the same image.
    https://www.flyinggoatcellars.com/connect

The first one, with no CSS formatting whatsoever is added to the page using [caption].

The second copy of the image is surrounded by a div with the styles coped from the theme's style sheet.

I have never seen anything like this! How can the css work correctly on some of the pages, and not work on others?

Help!

• aecnu

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for your additional input, but clearly this does not explain why the WPMU Dev Dashboard is chosen as the topic of this ticket then?

I certainly did not chose it and obviously this symptom and issue is not related to the WPMU Dev Dashboard?

Then you go on to tell that the issue started after activating Membership and then later tell that Membership is not activated but the issue still exists?

Do you have a backup of just prior to the Membership activation or just prior to when your captions quit working correctly or just prior to this issue?

If not any of this, what developer should I possibly relate this to so that we may get this issue fixed?

That is why I earlier tried to pin this down on a specific plugin so that I know which developer that I can try to get help from.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• camparoo

You seem more intent on arguing with my plug-in choice than with reading the issue at hand. Your site will not allow me to select nothing, so I had to choose something despite the fact that I didn't want to. Thus, I was forced to choose a plug-in. I specifically explained exactly what I was dealing with, and made it quite clear that this was not an active plug-in issue. If reading this with the 'wrong' plug-in selected is an issue for you, please suggest to wpmu dev to stop requiring this. I'll seek help elsewhere.

• aecnu

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I am not wanting to argue that you did not choose the right theme or plugin as the topic. What your missing is without that information I do not have any lead developer or coder to ask for help with resolving the ticket and I do not know the answer myself.

I sincerely wanted to help but not being a coder I could not with this issue and since you could not relate it to one of our products what I should have replied instead was a direct statement from the WPMU Dev lead developer:
    The support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, teaching someone to code PHP is a bit beyond that scope.

Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/export-order-details#post-194890

Of course the the statement being: The support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing.

As I mentioned, sorry that I am not a coder and did not have the ability to assign a lead developer/coder to helping with this issue since it was not relating to any of our products directly or indirectly that I could determine. That is why i was trying to push towards a plugin or theme.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.