"Added: WHMCS integration" - Domain Mapping 4.2

Hi,
could the new "Added: WHMCS integration" for Domain Mapping 4.2 be explained ?
There does not seem to be any mention here :
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#detail
or
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

Integrated in what way ? How is this set up ?
Are you perhaps referring to integration in some way with either "WHMCS WP Integration" or "WHMCS MU Provisioning" ?

What type of workflow would this "WHMCS integration" have with Pro Sites ?

any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

RC.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Randall!

I'm flagging the doc team to make sure the proper instructions get added!

I think either or both of the WHMCS plugins will be needed in addition to domain mapping and prosites.

I know that integrating Prosites with WHMCS is easy with our two plugins, so I think this Domain Mapping update added functionality for selling domain names in addition to selling actual sites.

Does this help? Is there any particular part you're stuck on I could help walk you through?

Thanks Randall, always nice to see your friendly face in the forums. : )

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hi,
    thanks Michelle for your quick reply and friendly assistance as usual.

Domain Mapping update added functionality for selling domain names in addition to selling actual sites.

i thought "Domain mapping" already sold domains in the WP admin (backend) in order to "map" them to the sub domain/directory name.

but specifically "whmcs integration" with this particular plugin(Domain Mapping) implies to me that if used with WHMCS (by itself) or "WHMCS MU Provisioning", the domains bought in WP admin would show up in WHMCS. So maybe the point is to offer the ability to buy and map domains both "backend" and "frontend" ? not sure.
    curious, it seems possibly a good feature if i can be certain of what it is exactly.

look forward to any further clarity on this.

kind regards,

RC.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

ok
    i think i figured it out,
    i found the new option (screenshot)
    if integrated directly with WHMCS then this would allow the use of whatever domain reseller is provided directly from that WHMCS ? e.g., openSRS, reseller club etc. therefore we now have other options besides enom ?

what other benefits/advantages can this direct integration provide ?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Randall!

I can't speak for the dev, but I think the main benefit is that lots of people are already using WHMCS, so having it in addition to eNom makes the plugin more usable for a wider swath of people. If you're happy with eNom, there's no need to switch, but if WHMCS meets more of your needs, it might be worth making the switch.

Does this help?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.