Adding a check box for terms and conditions?

Hi,

I need to add a check box for accepting terms and conditions to the checkout process. I'm using Marketpress integrated with Appointments+. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,

-R

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings R,

Thank you for the additional input which is indeed appreciated.

Regarding the time period during peak times and weekends it may indeed take up to 36 hours to get a reply. Believe it or not we get time off too :wink:

You mean that one can buy a product from your shop, physical or digital and not have to register an account in any way?

What is the URL to the store?

I am not aware of this functionality in Market Press, please advise and in any event have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• junction
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

I can definitely appreciate you guys deserve time off, it's just been frustrating that WPMUDEV so prominently advertises response times under an hour yet my actual experience has been average response times of over 24 hours.

Don't get me wrong I really do appreciate your help, just wish my expectations had been managed a bit better.

Anyway, we don't require any sort of registration to make a purchase no. We're running a MP/A+ integration so users select their appointment type and time, then checkout through Marketpress using PayPal as our gateway until I can get Stripe working.

The store is at http://www.hushababy.com/our-services/

What I'm after is to have a checkbox at some point in the checkout process that users can use to indicate that they've read the linked to TOC.

Thanks,

-R

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings R,

Thank you for your thoughtful input and indeed our response times for tickets meet the criteria you described, but it is the re-response that things get tricky.

In any event, lets see what the lead developer has in mind as a possible solution addressing What I'm after is to have a checkbox at some point in the checkout process that users can use to indicate that they've read the linked to TOC.

I took the liberty of bolding the text making it easier for the lead developer to sort out the thread.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

There is no builtin functionality for this. It could be custom coded though. This filter would probably be best to add a field to the end of the shipping form step:
    $content .= apply_filters( 'mp_checkout_shipping_field', '' );

If you need to enforce it you can hook into this to trigger a checkout error:
    do_action( 'mp_shipping_process' );

We don't provide custom coding, but I've pointed you to exactly what a developer would need to know to code this quickly. Best of luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.