Adding a facebook app (login) to a multisite website.

Adding a facebook app (login) to a multisite website.
I'm just adding the events+ plugin to create training events on my website.
I've got the javascript from facebook from their developers site and they say in needs to go into the body tag of the page I want to add it to.
How do I add javascript to the body tag in an event login page?
cheers
Dave

• Sajid

Hi @Dave

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To use Facebook login option with Events+ plugin you don't need to add any JavaScript in the page. We have an built-in option to enable users login with Facebook and Twitter. You can enable this option from Events > Settings > Plugin Settings > Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?

Hope that helps :slight_smile: or feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance.

Cheers, Sajid

• Dave

Hi Sajid,
    You seem to have left for the evening?
    To follow up, your instructions on the website plugin even state that a facebook API is required. Facebook say that it needs to be a javascript put in the body tag...!! As per my original question.

so... how do I do it?

API Settings

If you checked Allow Facebook and Twitter Login? earlier, you will be able to see the API Settings box, where you can configure various API settings for social services.

Events API Settings

If you intend to allow Facebook logins, enter a Facebook App ID here.
    Ticking My pages already load scripts from Facebook will keep the plugin from loading Facebook scripts. This can help to avoid conflicts with other plugins. Use this if you already have another Facebook solution loading Facebook scripts.
    For Twitter logins, enter your Twitter Consumer Key.
    Enter your Twitter Consumer Secret as well if you are using Twitter.
    The Hide login buttons section lets you disable any of the login methods individually. Simply untick those you don’t wish to use.
    For more information on how to create your Facebook and Twitter Apps, please see the below information:

Facebook App ID
    You can get your Facebook App ID from here:

https://developers.facebook.com/apps

If you don’t have a Facebook App ID you can create one by following the instructions provided on the Facebook Developers page (see link above).

• Milan

Hi @Dave,

I hope you are having a good day.

First of let me make everything clear to you. I hope information I'll provide you soon will clear your doubts.

Facebook API details

Events+ plugin uses facebook hosted code to let user login with facebook. That code is known as API(Application Programing Interface). To use that api use need to create at least one app( just think it as your wordpress site). You can do that by following steps described here https://developers.facebook.com/apps. Once you do this you will be granted one app id.( Facebook uses this id to identify who is using their code. ) Please see screenshot for more detail.

Just copy app id from facebook developer page to event plus input asking you for facebook app id. You just need to take these steps only, rest work will be carry forward by our plugin.

I hope this helps you..

Warmest Regards,
    Milan..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.