Adding a Facebook Connect Button Next to Login

Hello I am building a site for a customer and I want to add a Facebook Connect button from the Ultimate Facebook plugin next to the login. However the template does not come with FB button and I need to place the code somewhere in the header.php. Any ideas how I can do that?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings booniesyeo,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Any ideas how I can do that?

I do not have any ideas on how this can be done in the way you have described nor know of anyway to separate the button from the plugin.

However, I will see if I can get the invaluable insight of the lead developer in here for him to offer any advice/advise on how this may be done for us if it can be done at all.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• booniesyeo
    • New Recruit

Thanks there...one more question..do I need to add <?php and end with ?> I am not familiar with php and tried placing it in and it didn't work.

Here are the code sample of the header.php

<div class="login">
    <?php if( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
    <?php
    global $current_user, $bp;
    get_currentuserinfo();
    ?>
    <p><?php printf( __( 'Welcome %s', 'huddle' ), 'loggedin_user->domain . '">' . $bp->loggedin_user->fullname . '' ) ?>. "><?php _e( 'Logout', 'huddle' ) ?></p>
    <?php else : ?>
    /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword"><?php _e( 'Forgot Password?', 'huddle' ) ?>

<div class="fields">
    <form action="<?php echo site_url() ?>/wp-login.php" method="post">
    <input type="text" class="user-login" name="log" placeholder="<?php _e( 'Username', 'huddle' ) ?>" />
    <input type="password" class="user-pass" name="pwd" placeholder="<?php _e( 'Password', 'huddle' ) ?>" />
    <input type="submit" class="btn-submit" value="" />
    <input type="hidden" name="redirect_to" value="<?php echo substr_count( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'activate' ) ? home_url() : $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ?>" />
    </form>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php do_shortcode('[wdfb_connect]'); ?>
    </div>

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings booniesyeo,

Sorry for the delay here in a reply to your post and question.

It appears that the ticket system had eaten this one and I found it in the back while digging around doing house keeping.

Our lead developer of the Ultimate Facebook plugin has released an updated version.

Please update your version and let me know if your issues are now resolved or not and if your above coding question is still relevant or not in case I need to get the lead developer back in here for an answer.

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@booniesyeo

I'm just quickly checking in to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted with the advice above or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since we haven't heard back from you with an update, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day and wishing you all the best with your project!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.