Adding a MarketPress Buy Now button to existing WP site.

Hi,

I'd like to add a buy now button using MarketPress to an existing WP site.

Example is here:

http://www.binrentaltoronto.net/pricing/moving-estate-clean-ups/

I would like to have a Buy Now button for each size of bin linked to a MarketPress product which when they click on the button will take them to the cart with the bin type in the cart.

Is this possible? I can install MarketPress on these sites but want to do the Buy Now button with minimal changes to the existing sites.

thanks!!!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Keystone,

Market Press also offers several shortcodes for implementing all kinds of things including Product Buy Button [mp_buy_button] - Displays the buy or add to cart button.

I think shortcodes should get you where you want to be.

Cheers, Joe

• Keystone
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, sounds good. Just so I'm clear on the workflow. I don't want to change the look or design of the sites but just add the buy it now/add to cart buttons. Would I just install Marketpress and then add the shortcodes to the existing pages?

thanks, just trying to wrap my head around this!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

MarketPress itself doesn't change the design of a site (although we have themes for that as well).

It essentially creates a new post type (blogs and pages are the default ones) so each product is its own page. You can then use the shortcode Joe mentioned to embed that buy button on any other post you wish. (or use the MP page if you like)

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.