Adding a second page with different content on a self hosted wp site

All of my posts (news and articles) display on my front page of a WP site - normal stuff.

However, I want to create another menu item/page on the website where I can post different business related content in the same way that I post news and general articles to the front page.

These business tips content should also not appear on the front page along with the news articles but display as posts only on the new business tips page.

Can you please guide me as to the easiest way to achieve this please? I don't really know my way around coding or editing and ideally, a plugin solution is desired.

Note: this might be a very easy thing to do in WP and maybe its so obvious I can't figure it out..so here's my embarrassment disclaimer up front!

Thanks
Al Karaki
karaki@gmail.com

• teedub
    • New Recruit

Hi @karaki... How's it going? (Well, I hope)

I don't know if you've already added the plugin Ari suggested & setup a menu item... But if you haven't figured out how to setup your category archive yet... This is how you do it.

Basically, you tag your posts with all the same category. From the WP dashboard, you go to Appearance>Menus and create (or select) the menu where you want the category archived.

Then click on the ‘Categories” sub-section, tick your category box and click the “Add to Menu” button. Next, drag your category page placeholder to where you want it to appear in the menu & save your menu.

If you need more detail than provided, you can find the original tutorial that I learned from below (it even has pictures to help guide you):

http://oncourss.com/how-to-create-a-post-category-archive-page-in-wordpress-3-0/

Hope that helps...
    -TeeDub

• karaki
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

wow... you people are good!!

before I posted the question, I installed the Post in Page plugin which worked but the shortcode stuff is a bit confusing for a hack like me..

but I would like to try TeeDub's recommendation - it sounds much simpler

Thank you to you both - Ari and TeeDub - your next assignment is to figure out how i can teleport some beers to you..thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.