Adding a WP website to a network

If I have a multisite network using mu, domain mapping, buddypress and the usual wpmu plugins. What are my options in adding a separate wordpress website to the network.
So the new site is a separate install, different server, has few hundred blog articles. No wpmu plugins or buddy press.
Is there a plgin or a way to have a separate install and allow this website to share some of the community/network features of the multisite install? The features I'm looking for are news/post/activity across the network, advertising across the network and the community features of buddypress.
Or to integrated it in: I need to start new website on the multisite install, import the website and then switch it over.

• Vaughan

hi @all-the-good-names-were-taken

hmmm surely there's a few good names left?

thanks for posting on the forum.

I'm not sure it's possible the way you want. you can sync authentication using Active Directory/LDAP or OpenID etc.

but sharing the content etc would not be possible on a multisite.

there are options for sharing the content such as RSS & using Autoblog to read posts etc. & for advertising there's OIO

there's also https://managewp.com/ which would allow you to manage updates & stuff across various WP installs.

hope this helps, if you require any further assistance, please let us know.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.