Adding Access Levels

I have read the manual. I have it working.

I can't set Access levels globally? I have to put in new access levels per site every time I make a new site?

My goal was to build a blog, then use this plugin to limit the owner of the blog from USERS. I don't want them... deleting me lol.

This plugin can integrate with Pro Sites, right? I am confused as to how I am going to set this up to be productive!

• aecnu

Greetings JosephLee1179,

Thank you for the great questions.

I can't set Access levels globally?

No with possibly the exception of using the New Blog Templates plugin.

I have to put in new access levels per site every time I make a new site?

Yes with the exception mentioned above.

My goal was to build a blog, then use this plugin to limit the owner of the blog from USERS. I don't want them... deleting me lol.

They should not see you nor be able to delete you in any event and there are several other ways to put a stop to this using much easier to configure plugins like Admin Menu Editor plugin and perhaps the best choice using the Easy Blogging plugin.

I admit I do not know what misconfiguration would allow them to delete you form the WordPress installation to begin with.

This plugin can integrate with Pro Sites, right?

That is correct.

Cheers, Joe

• JosephLee1179

Aecnu, several other multi site users have told me that the users have deleted them in the past since an update that allowed admins to delete admins.

I really want to clear this up because there is a possibility you are right. I have uninstalled my network twice. Each time when I created a seperate user to one of my blogs, that user was able to see my administrator Joseph ( though it didn't say Super Admin). Then delete me! When I was in my super admin dashboard, the site disappears from the dashboard after being deleted on the sites.

Can you ask the other staff members to make sure I am mistaken? I am very concerned about this issue. I am about to put several hundred people on a multipress site. I am already terrified about rumors of multipress sites crashing databases and losing everything! lol

• aecnu

Greetings JosephLee1179,

Thank you for your input there and yes it is true that you can be deleted as an admin from their site, but as I have further tested it is of no consequence.

I did in fact bring this to the lead developers before I finished my testing and two of they replied, one was the Chief lead developer of WPMU DEV, and he said it was of no consequence as they both did.

I still concluded my testing and sure they can delete that admin account but you do not lose control or anything else via the network administration.

So whomever told you this was indeed accurate, but it was not the whole story.

Have no fear, super admin is here ... lol

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.