Adding admin menu item and iframe

Is it possible to add a i frame to the dashboard.

I want to add a admin menu item that when clicked on will open a iframe within the dashboard that will open a webpage.

possible?, hints?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

Is it possible to add a i frame to the dashboard.

It is totally possible. I seem to remember a bunch of site getting hacked due to insecure ftp and iframes being added.

Hopefully, that's not what we're looking for here, however. :smiley:

Anyway, it could be done but it would depend on where you want the link to appear. There's several functions for hooking into the wordpress admin. you could use a function like:
    add_action('in_admin_header', 'iframe_link')

or

add_action('admin_menu', 'iframe_link')

If it's all greek at this point, I'd recommend reading through the codex on these particular functions here:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus

May be other/better ways to do this as well. Anyone else care to comment?

Thanks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Gotta admit that I wouldn't allow an ifframe anywhere near one of my installs, admin installed or not.

Besides the security concerns, many antivirus and firewall products block iframes as a default. Not sure what the percentage of those users who have their protection setup that way but you;re probably going to have a large percentage of folks who won;t see such content.

• rpawly
    • The Incredible Code Injector

maybe there is another way, i am by no means a expert :slight_smile:

i wanted to be able to have a link in hte dashboard that would open their admin assigned email address from the domain, so they could view their cpanel webmail from within the dashboard..........

@S H Mohanjith
    might be a idea to have the creators of inbox to make a functioning email client :slight_smile: would be great to be able to give out @edublogs or @philippinesblogging emails and be able to check them in dashboard :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.