Adding an Endpoint for my shopping cart? Where does this go?

Hi everyone. I'm going around in circles with this and would really appreciate some help.

When a customer creates an order on the frontend of my site currently they are dumped on a 'your cart is empty' page, as an endpoint for the order process I want to direct them to a page that I have created which has a url extension of .........../thank-you

Where on earth do I configure the settings for this? Can I configure it through my wordpress backend? I need very detailed instructions please if someone could help I'd be very grateful.

• James Morris

Hello Yvonne,

I hope you are well today.

You can change any of the pages associated with MarketPress directly in the settings at Admin -> Store Settings -> Presentation -> Store Pages. Screenshot: https://goo.gl/GG0lpC

So, if you want your Checkout page to have the slug "thank-you", what you would need to do is create that page in your WordPress Pages manager. You will then need to use the MarketPress Store Pages Settings widget to associate the page you're creating with the MarketPress endpoint. Screenshot: https://goo.gl/NPYvn5

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help!

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ash

Hello Yvonne

Are you currently using WooCommerce or MarketPress? What James suggested was for MarketPress plugin.

And if you use marketpress, the products might be there but still you have to configure everything again. In that case, I suggest to take a backup of this site, create another test site of same to this site and try marketpress in there.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Yvonne

Ash, I have enabled support access, please don't install Marketpress as I would need to do major work for this, I think, unless you feel that the change is easy. I've had many custom designed features made for my shipping and don't feel like unraveling this nightmare just now. Unless you see different and can test Marketpress somehow for me? Please take a backup if you do? The existing site must remain active. I am quite frustrated with the user side of my cart design as it is confusing for people, would Marketpress fix this? I know it would need a lot of testing and I'm not competant enough to do this work. I think my developer has done a number on me by creating templates, that I can't find to edit? Many of these templates are also out of date. I don't know even how to update them?

For now I'd be very grateful if you could see what's happening with the endpoint for order completion as we've talked about. I've created a 'thank you' page, that you'll see. But can't configure it to work in the WooCommerce Endpoint settings, maybe I've done it wrong?

I'm not sure what a sandbox gateway is - but you are fine to create one, as long as you put it back so everything works. I understand it's for testing.

• Ash

Hello Yvonne

please don't install Marketpress as I would need to do major work for this,

Nope, I won't install marketpress

I've had many custom designed features made for my shipping and don't feel like unraveling this nightmare just now. Unless you see different and can test Marketpress somehow for me?

I am afraid, this is not an easy job to do. To do so, we need to create a complete replicate of your site and try marketpress in there. Also, we will need major testing to check if everything works perfectly fine, that will take some time

I am quite frustrated with the user side of my cart design as it is confusing for people, would Marketpress fix this?

Well, I am not sure about your cart design, the backend I mean. But if you have a developer, he should be able to customize anything to make it like what you want.

I think my developer has done a number on me by creating templates, that I can't find to edit? Many of these templates are also out of date. I don't know even how to update them?

Do you mean page templates? If so, then without FTP access I can't check it. Also, if this is a custom theme, then there is no automatic update. You need to contact the old developer or hire another developer to update according to the new version of WordPress and WooCommerce. This is possible that old fashioned page templates doing some hiccup there as there are many frequent updates we got from WooCommerce and WordPress, so maybe some of the codes of your page templates are not compatible anymore.

I'm not sure what a sandbox gateway is - but you are fine to create one, as long as you put it back so everything works. I understand it's for testing.

A sandbox gateway is just changing an existing gateway functionality so that I can use fake credit card and demo paypal account to buy the product. This is used for testing purpose

Ash, I have enabled support access

I am sorry, I don't know why - but for some reasons, the support access is not working. Would you please revoke and grant again? Please post a reply once you do so, so that we are notified.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Patrick

Hi there Yvonne

I hope you're having a great day!

You don't need to create a page for the WooCommerce endpoints. In fact, having a page with the same slug as your Woo endpoint would likely create permalink conflicts.

However, simply adding the custom endpoint slug in the Woo settings does work, and appends it to the URL upon successful checkout. But I believe what you're really after is customizing the thank you message that displays on that page after the customer has paid, as I saw on the Thank-You page you had created.

If that is what you're trying to do, first enter your custom endpoint name as you were doing in the Woo settings: thank-you.

Then, you'll need FTP or cPanel/File Manager access for this part, create a folder in the root of your active theme called /woocommerce. Then create a folder inside that called /checkout.

Next, in a copy of WooCommerce that you should have on your computer, go to woocommerce/templates/checkout and make a copy of thankyou.php to a nother location on your computer. Be sure it still called thankyou.php

Open that file in a text editor (I recommend Notepad++ for editing php files) and add your custom thank-you message at line 38 where you see the default 'Thank you. Your order has been received.' message from Woo.

Save that file and upload it to the yourtheme/woocommerce/checkout folder you created earlier. You should now see your custom message appear after successful checkout, and the endpoint should read thank-you.

I tested on my own install and it works fine: