Adding Attribution defined in Autoblog to Excerpt via function.php tweak to theme

I have a theme that does not add an attribution (doesn't say who the author is) in the excerpts it creates. Doesn't really do it in the full page view, either, but the WPMUDEV Autoblog plugin can address that in the "Link to original source" field of the "Post Excerpts" settings.

I've found where the excerpt is defined in the theme's function.php file:

/*********************************************************************************************************
* Excerpt
**********************************************************************************************************/

function seosbusiness_excerpt_more( $more ) {
			return ' <br /><br /><a class="read-more" href="'. get_permalink( get_the_ID() ) . '">' . __('Read More', 'seos-business') . '</a>';
		}
			add_filter( 'excerpt_more', 'seosbusiness_excerpt_more' );

function custom_excerpt_length( $length ) {
			return 50;
		}
		add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'custom_excerpt_length', 999 );

/*********************************************************************************************************

I'd like the attribution to reside to the right of the "Read More" button it provides.

So... two questions. First one is the typical "what code do I use to do that?"

Second is, wouldn't it be great if the AutoBlog individual feed settings had a field for user defined attributions -- some authors, when asked, are very specific about how they want their work attributed when we're taking liberty with their full content feed... e.g., they might want a picture of themselves, email address, etc. So, I guess that's a feature request -- just wondering if folks here would support it. And also want that answer to the first question :wink: