Adding Automessage to existing Multisite

Hej,

I want to add the Plugin to a multisite active site. And I have few questions:

1. I want this to be available just for the super admin.
How this should be activated Network wide \ Main blog ?( Can new blog registration mail sent if its activated with main blog?)

2. What happens with blog scheduled events that are missed?
For example If i have 10 days old blog, and I add messages for after 5 days and after 20 days, what mails will it send ?

3. How can I test this on a live site, without sending unwanted mails?

Thanks,

Koff

• aecnu

Greetings koff,

1. I want this to be available just for the super admin.
    How this should be activated Network wide \ Main blog ?( Can new blog registration mail sent if its activated with main blog?)

In this case, if I understand correctly what you want to do, it should be activated just for the main site.

2. What happens with blog scheduled events that are missed?
    For example If i have 10 days old blog, and I add messages for after 5 days and after 20 days, what mails will it send ?

Well it is certain to send the 20 Days email though I have not tested it concerning the 5 day scenario, the plugin was setup before this scenario was possible.

3. How can I test this on a live site, without sending unwanted mails?

This is a great question. However, it will email to the entire list that meet the parameters of the email out.

What I do not understand considering the vast majority of folks are using MultiSite installs, is why they do not simply create a test sub domain to test things out on that they wonder about certain functionality thereof? It takes just seconds to do.

It is a bizarre that this is not the normal practice and seems to be the exception to the rule :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile: