Adding Capability for Commenting on Some Pages but Not All

Hello - title pretty sums it up - we would like to either configure general wordpress settings (if they exist for this) or add a suggested plugin so that we can have visitors be able to comment on some wordpress pages (not posts) but not all of them. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

AD

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello AD,

If your theme does support comments on pages then you can turn them on on each page. Comments and disscusion meta box are probabaly hidden so you need activate them in Screen Options:

tick Discussion and Comments. Then you will see box Discussion where you can allow for comments for that page:

this way you can enable comments for some pages.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Adrian
    • The Crimson Coder

Hmm I tried your suggestion, but no comment section appears. Please take a look at spaceweathernews.com/challenge. I went in there, found the "Allow Comments" checkbox, clicked it, and ensured that under general settings "Anyone Can Subscribe", however, no comment section appears. Did I do something wrong? If it is a theme issue, is there a plugin we can use?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Adrian

It seems a theme issue, would you please check with default theme?

If this is a theme issue, that being said, if the theme doesn't show the comment box in pages, then no plugin will be able to make them appeared. The comment box is called within the theme. From plugin, we can enable or disable from showing. But if the comment box/template is not called within theme, plugin can't bring it back I am afraid :slight_frown:

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.