Adding Category to Status

Hi,

How about automatically add category to Status plugin?
I suggest to add category before posting on Status plugin.

I saw this at TDO mini forms. This plugin can allow us to choose category at frontpage instead of manually choose category in WordPress Post default page.

Reference.
TDO Mini Forms

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I have to agree with Phil, having categories in the form itself would kind of beat the purpose of the plugin, in my opinion. I do see your point that having categories assigned to quick posts would be useful, so in the latest plugin release (v1.3, just released) we added an option for assigning categories to your quick posts.

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

It's less quick to have to post, then click to edit, then change the category from WP's default posting category. The category drop-down box within the form would be defaulted to WP's default posting category. I don't think that slows anything down. +1 for category selection box within the form.

• Nicolap1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would like this too - or can you tell me how to categorise different types of post from the front end?

So that if a user wants to do a post via Status, they can choose one of several categories for it to go into.

So, if it's on Health, it goes into Health, if it's on Parenting, it goes there, etc etc.

• Nicolap1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Any feedback on this?

If I can't categorise Statuses then I can barely use the plugin - it's useless for my users if it only posts in one category from the form.

Please can we at least have the option of having a dropdown box to choose categories when posting a Status? That way those who don't want it don't have to use it.

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm definitely interested in this too. I just created a post about this before I saw this one. We plan to add very many authors to our blog. So when their post only goes to the default category an admin will have to manually change the category on hundreds of posts. That's enough reason to not use the plugin, but i really want this feature for our authors.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.