Adding chat capability to a user role

Hello. So here's the scenario: I want to let my contributors add a private chat via a post. I have the user role plugin installed but I don't see where the chat permissions can be enabled. I figured this must be a custom capability that must be added to the user role UI but I don't know what needs to be input in order for it to work. Thanks.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@luca_apollonio,

First you should know that with our Chat plugin there is no 'private chat' ability. All chat sessions are group and moderator driven.

So on to your further question. Allowing users to add the chat to the Post. The chat plugin currently does not add user role capabilities. Instead there is a setting on Settings > Chat on the Advanced tab where you allow users visibility to the WYSIWYG button.

Hope this helps.

• luca_apollonio
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Paul, thank you for your response. Found it. I was trying to get creative and find a way to provide a private chat by letting the user create a post with a chat added that is password protected. I'm not sure yet if it will work the way I want it to but thank you for your help nonetheless.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.