Adding CMS Tree Page View (or other Dashboard Widgets) to Easy Blogging Dashboard

In my install, (wp MS 3.3.1 and latest version of CMS Tree Page View), I would like to display the dashboard widgets included in CMS Tree Page View. This plugin is an "easy" way for novices to move around their postings, pages etc. Unsure what to do, but is there some code I could change to ensure this dashboard widget (CMS Tree Page View) can show up in Easy Blogging Dashboard

• aecnu

Greetings marcdubeau,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

After installing this plugin in my development environment to assist with the URL's I came across a peculiar anomaly concerning this plugin - it does not work at all on sub sites when network activated.

Site by site activation then it does work well.

Unsure what to do, but is there some code I could change to ensure this dashboard widget (CMS Tree Page View) can show up in Easy Blogging Dashboard

Logged into network admin dashboard go to Easy Blogging --> Menu Items --> Add Menu Item

Add the title, icon, and help text as you see fit for both posts and pages, and for the URL's they are as follows:
    Posts Tree View: edit.php?page=cms-tpv-page-post
    Page Tree View: edit.php?post_type=page&page=cms-tpv-page-page

Click "add new item" after each completed entry, put check marks by the new entries and click "save changes" and you should be all set.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• aecnu

Greetings marcdubeau,

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

AHA! I had to re-read this twice to figure out what you meant by the dashboard. Thinking - what does he mean - it is in the dashboard - but you must be referring to the Easy Blogging dashboard.

After spending a significant amount of time trying to get this to integrate in Easy Blogging dashboard I have come up empty handed and is beyond my coding skill level to implement.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

• marcdubeau

Thanks for getting back to me on this one. I have another idea to get it to work but again, will need some input (if possible) on how to rearrange easy blogging to do what I would like it to do. I would really like users to see the CMS tree page view (edit.php?post_type=page&page=cms-tpv-page) when they login . Currently even If I remove dashboard from the menu it still is the first screen that appears. So when users log in they see the dashboard (index.php?wdeb_on) and I would like them to see CMS tree page view.

I will also put in a feature request to the developers as a possible future tweak to allow Superadmin to select what dashboard widgets show up in the Easy blogging template(Currently in my setup, none are visible except Right Now and Welcome. +1 on this one.

• aecnu

Greetings marcdubeau,

I +1 allowing the selection of dashboard widgets in the Easy Blogging plugin as well.

I messed around with this for some time trying to use I frames in the widget are and everything to no avail to get the CMS tree view into the dashboard.

Currently even If I remove dashboard from the menu it still is the first screen that appears. So when users log in they see the dashboard (index.php?wdeb_on) and I would like them to see CMS tree page view.

I may have a solution for this - have you tried Login Redirect plugin - this may do the job you are looking for.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.