Adding custom status to Support plugin

Is there a way to add a custom ticket status selection for the Support System plugin. Like Submitted, Reviewed, In Process etc..

• James Morris

Hello Bobby,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your ticket.

Unfortunately, this isn't easily doable with the current version of this plugin. Currently, the way Statuses are handled is through action triggers.

For example:
    New Status -> Not assigned, no action
    Waiting on User to reply -> Staff has replied, waiting on member
    Closed -> Staff or member closes the ticket

Since the plugin adjusts the status based on events, you can't really override the status with an add_action or add_filter. It would take rewriting the functions of the plugin to add custom statuses. Also, the plugin does not register a custom post_type. So, this eliminates hiding the native statuses and replacing them with your own.

I'm afraid it would take a significant amount of custom coding to achieve what you're wanting to do as the core plugin files would need considerable work.

I've marked this thread as a Feature Request to pass on to the developers for consideration for future versions of the plugin.

If this feature is critical for your business, then you may want to consider posting this customization on the Jobs & Pros board where members of the community can bid on this custom job.

The only other workaround I can think of, out of the box, would be to do a text change on the Category and use that field as your custom status. This could be done fairly simply through jQuery or the language files.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.