Adding Disqus Comments to Blog Posts

I would like to use Disqus commenting system on the site. I'd like to have a Disqus comment section for each blog post. I have a Disqus account and have followed their instructions for installing the plugin, and it even told me "Disqus is not managing your comments." However, there is no Disqus section on the blog post pages. General internet searches seem to indicate that the Disqus section just appears on the post pages, but that has not happened for me. Is there something else I need to do to enable the plug in on each page?

• Heath
    • Flash Drive

Predrag,

Good question. I switched over the the 2011 theme and checked out the posts page. The Disqus comments section was not showing up. However, the general WordPress Comment section was there. I switched back to Scribed, and there was again no comment section (of either kind) on the posts page.

Thanks,
    Heath

• Heath
    • Flash Drive

Continuing to work on this problem as well, I found that there is a "Comments" Upfont element that was not on the page. I drug it on hoping it would as Disqus since it is enabled, but it did not. It added the standard Wordpress comment system instead.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi Heath,

I've just now tested offical Disqus plugin (this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/disqus-comment-system/) on 2015 and 2011 themes and then Scribe. Comments are is loading, comments are maganged by Disqus. So it could be issue with Disqus plugin configuration.
    Can you check if the plugin is enable like on attached screenshot?
    Did you export your comments to Disqus?

If you are sure that you enabled Disqus it would be helpful if you grant support access for us, then we can check more options to find solution.
    You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Heath
    • Flash Drive

Actually, I this one I found out. There was a database update that I had to done. Even though Disqus said it was ready to go and taking over, it was not ready. That explains why it was not picking up on the 2011 theme either. Once the database was updated, I added the "comments" element of the UpFront theme t the page and it is now picking up Disqus.

Whew!

Thank you so much for you help!
    Heath

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.