Adding fields to a membership application

It seems the default membership application is very basic. For my purposes, I need to add several more fields, including an image (avatar). How do i add fields to the membership application?

Secondly, is there a way to display a membership list (to members only) on the website and also allow members to download a list of the members? (csv format)

Many thanks,
Houston

• Michelle Shull

HI, Houston!

The best way to accomplish both of these is to use BuddyPress alongside Membership. You don't have to use all of the BuddPress components, just the extended profiles (to add extra profile questions) and a Member list. To keep non-members from that page, you'd use Membership.

For downloading a member list, there are a few plugins that will allow you to create a CSV of your members, but that's probably something you'd want to control, as admin, because it involves working with your database, which you probably won't want all your members to be able to access. You could create a current CSV yourself, upload it, then offer it for download, however. Just update that CSV each time new members join.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/export-users-to-csv/

Hope this helps!