Adding Fields to the Registration for Membership Plugin

I am using the membership plugin for a website for a client and we need them to enter their first and last name. I have the plugin that allows me to add the extra fields to the registration for wordpress but I guess this plugin pulls from a different registration?

Can I have it pull the same registration information or can I add extra fields to this registration?

aristath

Hello there @susanshrop, I hope you're well today!

I guess this plugin pulls from a different registration?

Yes, the Membership plugin overrides the default WordPress registration functions.

Can I have it pull the same registration information or can I add extra fields to this registration?

You could for example buddypress (disabling its registration features) and have your users fill out their profile info after they create their account.

This is usually the method I've seen clients prefer, as by providing a simple registration process (as few fields as possible) users don't hesitate to create an account, as it seems pretty simple!

After they do so, they can continue to setup their full profile like they normally would.

Does that work for you?

Please advise,
    Ari.

susanshrop

I really need for it to include their name and the 3 extra fields in the setup process.

I am also using a test plugin that when they print their final certificate, it pulls their first and last name to populate the certificate.

Is there maybe another membership plugin I could use?

We need to restrict access to the pages of the lesson and the exam page unless they have paid their fee.

aristath

@susanshrop I am not aware of any other membership plugins that can accomplish what you want to do out of the box.

But you can do it by simply editing the registration form of this plugin...
    Simply open up the membership/membershipincludes/includes/registration.form.php file and you'll be able to edit the registration form there!

Please note though that if you're using buddypress you'll have to edit the bp.registration.form.php file instead.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.