Adding Fields using BuddyPress for Protected Content

I see Protected Content plugin works with BuddyPress. However, I installed BuddyPress, simply to use the "add profile fields" for the registration block because I could not do that in Protected Content.

Now, my Register page doesn't work, and simply boots you back to the root page. Any idea on how to make BuddyPress and Protected Content registration pages align?

Michelle Shull

Hey there, David!

I have a couple things for you to check.

1. Make sure you have registration enabled on your site, and that Protected Content and any subscription levels you've created are active.
    2. Save your permalinks. Both BuddyPress and Protected Content create virtual pages, so your permalinks may need a gently nudge to recognize the new pages you've created.
    3. Make sure if you're using a caching plugin, you've got it temporarily disabled while you're in development mode, so you're always sure you're seeing a live (and not cached) version of your site.

Let us know if these tips don't resolve this for you, David, and we'll dig in a little further. Thanks so much for your question.