Adding image to Daily Theme Blog and Category Listing

Tammie, in the BuddyPress Daily Theme, under the activity tab, when a post is listed, there's an image along side the first few lines from the post. For the blog page and the category page, just the excerpt shows up. What code do I need to add to have the picture come up in the same way and place, just like with the activity stream?

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I'd also like to recommend that as standard on the next update of the format. Images make people much more likely to click on posts!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@jodyw1: The image shows because the post has an image attached I think unless you are talking about some other place. These images will show on the blog page if you have an image so not sure what you mean can you explain a little more please as want to be sure I'm telling you the right thing. From what I see on my activity in testing for instance is a blog post with an image shows and if you click it you see the blog post and image. We'd have to do some code changes to make this work for the category or archive pages but we are considering an archive update at some point so will consider this as part of it but make no promises I'm afraid.

• jodyw1
    • Flash Drive

Tammie, for the archive and the blog pages, no image shows up... it's only there for the activity list. This is the same on my site and on the example site on your site.

What I'm talking about is a change to the archive & blog page formatting so that, just like on the activity stream, an image shows up on those pages, too. I've put an image below of what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't I just copy the same code that creates the image on the activity stream over to the templates for the archive and blog pages?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.