Adding images to products in Marketpress

Well, back at "the wall" trying to solve the issue with images, csv files and Marketpress. Honestly it amazes me that with so many installations there is no defined solution to what seems a very basic need. Or maybe I just missed it somehow. Been at this for three days and getting pretty frustrated.

As per instructions "To import featured images, it is preferable to upload them via FTP to a directory in your WP uploads folder:" That didn't work so added the images through the media uploader. The original image was:

727-CVSM2913.jpg

The uploader created the same images but added a 1 and the size (-300x183). Looking at the files in FTP the original image is not there.

Copied the /home/SITE/public_html/wp-content/uploads/sites/7 and added it to the image name in the csv field "image" so now its /home/SITE/public_html/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/727-CVSM2913.jpg No image attached.

When I go into the Feature Image and search for the image it shows up until I get to the jpg extension then "no image".

Two questions:

1. Is there a solution to this? If so, what is it?

2. When you import from wp-commerce or Woocommerce is the import complete with images?