Adding Links to featured area

I’ve used WordPress MU for a couple of years now, but only joined WPMU and started playing with different themes in the last week or so.

I have got the Studio theme set-up and I wanted to have links in the featured area at the bottom, I have set these links through the Theme Options, but when I go to my site, the inks aren’t there. How do I get a link button or make the image clickable? Is this possible? Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ian_addison,

Sorry to see that you are having trouble with the Studio theme on your WordPress installation.

Any chance I can get the URL to that to take a first hand look?

Are you running a caching plugin by any chance?

Are you using two different browsers? One for developing and one for testing?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• ian_addison
    • Flash Drive

Hi

I just didn’t understand how to get links in the feature bit at the bottom. I’ve turned them ff now (www.stjohnsblogs.co.uk) but I wanted three images in the three featured areas ad these images to all be linkable. Or at least have a link button next to them. I don’t know how to get the buttons to appear.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ian_addison,

Thank you for the additional input and the URL which are both certainly helpful.

Have you indeed set up the feature blocks located at while logged into the admin dashboard got to –> Appearance –> Theme Options –> Feature tab?

And set up everything in that section? To include Show feature content block? Yes?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ian_addison,

Thank you for the great input and feedback which is certainly appreciated.

I thought I have got to be missing something here because the images shoudl be linkable one would think, but admit I was shocked after doing more testing that I was not able to link them in any way shape or form.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this theme for his advice/advise for us and find out why they are not linkable.

Indeed I also checked Blogs MU because I was sure they were linkable and indeed in Blogs MU they are.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ian_addison,

Sorry to hear that and thank you for letting us know.

I can indeed confirm that version 2.2.1 is working correctly and indeed linking the image of the feature items as demonstrated on my production server: http://aecnuwpmu.us/

If you have indeed updated and still having an issue I would then venture to see if the theme is indeed installed correctly in the Parent/Child relationship described here.

Let me know if you want to pursue this further since it is indeed working correctly on my test environment on the production server mention above or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.