Adding Login and Logout to Nav Menu for Membership 2 Pro

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this query. I would like to add login and logout buttons to the navigation menu for users to login to the website via the Membership 2 Pro plugin but am not sure how to do this. I would be grateful for any assistance. Best, MM

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John!

If you'd be using a BuddyPress along Membership 2 Pro which is a common solution, there'd be an option to add "BuddyPress login/logut" link to any menu. That's "out of the box" feature I think and is often used that way, in conjunction with Membership 2 Pro.

However, it's worth noting that Membership 2 Pro doesn't need any "special" login/logout link. If a user can login to your site via any login link/form that's available, the Membership 2 Pro plugin will apply all the appropriate memberships (and their rules as a consequence) to that user.

Therefore you could use a plugin like this one:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-login-logout-menu/

It's adding a new section to the "Appearance -> Menus" screen from which you can add following links to the menu:

- Login
    - Logout
    - Login | Logout (that's the "automated one" that changes depending whether user is logged in or out)
    - Register

I tested it on my setup with Membership 2 Pro and it seems to be working flawlessly.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Emídio

This is the best solution...if you use BuddyPRess integration.

If you'd be using a BuddyPress along Membership 2 Pro which is a common solution, there'd be an option to add "BuddyPress login/logut" link to any menu.

But i think what you are looking for is something like i use for CoursePRess... I created a menu link...

#coursepress-endpoints-login

Is there something like this for membership2 PRO ?

Thanks

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi Emídio,

Thanks for your reply. Hope you are having a beautiful day. :slight_smile:

I assume that you are mentioning about the "Slug" in Coursepress general settings. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If so then currently that is not available in Membership. However you can alternatively create login/logout page with the shortcode [ms-membership-login] as our colleague Predrag Dubajic mentioned above.

Best Regards,
    Sohag