Adding more subscription plans using the same access level or not

Good day. Currently on my membership site I have 2 access levels: one for VISITORS (i.e. non-registered strangers to the site) and one for PAID MEMBERS. And just one subscription plan for FULLY PAID INDIVIDUALS.

I want to offer 3 more options of paying for membership that each cost a different amount. The differences between the soon to be 4 memberships are outside of the website, so as far as the website is concerned, the Access Level is the same for all 4 membership plans (the one we have now and the 3 new ones I will add.) All 4 memberships will see the same exact pages/posts/menu items, etc. on the website.

When I do this, I assume I need to go to Subscription Plan and make the 3 new subscriptions. I assume I just use the access level, PAID MEMBERS for all 4 subscription plans? Or do I need to make new Access Levels? If I can re-use the same Access Level for all 4 Subscription Plans, would all I have to do is create 3 Subscription Plans, give them unique names, drag the PAID MEMBERS Access Level under the Starting Point for each, and just put the different prices in the “Price” field?

And after I do all of this, will the user see all the options for Subscription plans after registering for the website and reaching the page where the user must then continue to PayPal? Or will the user need to click on a Subscription on some page BEFORE registering for the website, and then once registered, they will continue to PayPal for the Subscription Plan they chose on the page BEFORE registering?

Or is there a different way I need to do this?

I will provide remote access for you if you need to see my website or the WordPress admin dashboard.

Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nick,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Because you're referring to "subscription plans' and "starting point" I assume you're using either our Membership Premium or Membership (Free version) plugin. I've noticed though that you've an option to upgrade to the new release: Membership 2 Pro.

Have you considered updating? In my opinion this should make things easier. If I understand you correctly all the memberships (perhaps except the "free"/visitors one) will basically give an access to the same content on the page and the difference would only be "off site benefits" and price.

Membership 2 Pro carries a new logic behind content protection, so there's no "access levels + subscription plans" - just memberships and protection rules for each membership. That said, you could easily create for memberships with identical protection rules but different prices and simply gave them proper descriptions.

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nick,

Thanks for this explanation!

Of course I'll help you regardless of what version of Membership plugin you're using, however I strongly suggest updating in a near future - as soon as possible. This is because Membership 2 Pro brings a lot of significant changes in comparison to previous versions and this previous version will not be developed any further.

That being said, could I take a closer look at your setup, please? To grant me a support access please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Nick,

I hope you're well today!

I took a look at your setup and I think I can confirm your assumptions :slight_smile:

When I do this, I assume I need to go to Subscription Plan and make the 3 new subscriptions. I assume I just use the access level, PAID MEMBERS for all 4 subscription plans? Or do I need to make new Access Levels? If I can re-use the same Access Level for all 4 Subscription Plans, would all I have to do is create 3 Subscription Plans, give them unique names, drag the PAID MEMBERS Access Level under the Starting Point for each, and just put the different prices in the “Price” field?

Access Level acts as a "protection rule set" so yes: create 3 new subscription plans and use Access Level of your choice for each of them, just setting different prices.

Upon registration users should be given a choice of subscriptions and once they select one, they should be taken to the payment gateway.

I'm sorry it took that much time but it just seemed a bit more complex at first and since the new Membership 2 bring a different workflow I just had to take a closer look at your setup to be able to confirm :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.