Adding new card for pro-sites failed subscription not creating a subscription

Please review and test the following scenario with stripe prosites

1. Create a new paid site/subscription.
2. Now say the credit card after being active fails and site is cancelled
3. Site owner goes and subscribes again with same plan

Doing so accepts the card number, exp data and code on back, but not the person's name on card data.

Subscription is not charged

So...there seems to be a problem for this scenario that should be reviewed.

ALso follow up, what version of the stripe api are you using

Thanks.

-Ben

• Milan

Hello Ben

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

1. Create a new paid site/subscription.
    2. Now say the credit card after being active fails and site is cancelled
    3. Site owner goes and subscribes again with same plan

Doing so accepts the card number, exp data and code on back, but not the person's name on card data.

This is not the case with my sandbox testing. :slight_smile: Subscriptions are being charged without any issue. ! I was able to create subscription with stripe without any issue. Also to change card, please click on Your Account page of site and update your card information. Plugin does asks for user's name on card for updating card. Please take a look at this screenshot.

Seems like I or you are missing something obvious here. :confused: Bit more information would be great here. :slight_smile:

ALso follow up, what version of the stripe api are you using

To know proper information about this, I've pinged our Pro Site developer. He is not online currently But as soon as he gets online and update me, I'll update you here. But most probably we are using latest one.

Cheers,
    Milan

• Ben

Can you get the dev on this...and can you get him to respond to the outstanding bugs I pointed out...
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/my-fixes-to-pro-site-subscription-bugs-from-legacy-accounts

Test it out on the latest stripe api in your stripe dashboard, and also test it out using the latest API and perhaps the API i started out with when i first bought pro-sites...should we be changing our api?

Testing in sandbox is not sufficient...purchases dont get made in sandbox

This isn't working.

• Milan

Hello Ben

Hope you are well today :slight_smile:

Can you get the dev on this...and can you get him to respond to the outstanding bugs I pointed out?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/my-fixes-to-pro-site-subscription-bugs-from-legacy-accounts

Yes I can try. :slight_smile: I've pinged Umesh for this again though my colleagues Adam and Predrag already pinged him. Hopefully he will get back to you soon on that one. :slight_smile:

Test it out on the latest stripe api in your stripe dashboard, and also test it out using the latest API and perhaps the API i started out with when i first bought pro-sites...should we be changing our api?

Could you please tell me what is the exact version of API you are using currently ? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.