Adding pro sites upgrade to sign up page

Hi,

I have enabled the pay to blog module with no free level.

I don't want sites being created that are never upgraded and activated. How do I add the pro sites level to the sign up page at /wp-signup.php?

thanks,

J-P

• jphogbin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Marikamitsos.

It still makes you go through the steps of signup, create site, activate and login before being directed to the payment page.

Ideally would like payment before signup to cut down on people creating sites that I have to delete.....anyone have ideas?

Also wondering if the colours can be changed on the levels/payment page as the text does not read very well on the dark background (see attached)

Cheers,

J-P

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• Jennifer
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Mason.

This is a feature that I see A LOT of people asking for in the forums. (myself included).

What do we need to do to get this feature prioritized?

I love the idea of Pro Sites - but the fact that you cannot take payment up front, has always been a show stopper for us. We do not offer free blogs on our network.

We use Gravity Forms and Stripe to create user registrations (the site is not created unless payment is successful) - they've figured it out, so I'm sure your developers can too. :slight_smile:

Seems to me that this would just be an enhancement of the Pay To Blog Module?

• Todd Heitner

I agree with Jennifer, that not having this functionality is a show stopper. If you're not offering free blogs, and I'm sure there are a lot of users who are not, the plugin is essentially unusable. Unmodified, the flow doesn't make sense from a customer perspective.

When I tested the plugin I assumed something was broken because collecting payment during the signup process is the only thing that makes sense.

As mentioned, there are other plugins and software that do this, so it's definitely possible.

I agree that this should be a priority item. I'm very surprised and disappointed that this isn't already possible with this plugin.

• Todd Heitner

While I don't like the current process, I'm thinking of some sort of temporary solution. I was thinking if I could make a clear step-by-step process to guide users along it might help. Such as Step 1) Create Account, 2) Log in, 3) Make Payment.

I'd like to modify some of the text and maybe add some graphics that users would see during this process. How can I do that? Would it be in the signup page? I read another post about copying that file and modifying the process. Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Todd

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.