Adding products outside of wp-admin?

I am working on designing and developing a multi-site where there are some pretty strict requirements about the data that gets added to a product when it is entered. Is it possible for me to create a template on the front end to add a product where I can enforce those requirements and then add the product manually (I have experience creating regular wordpress posts this way). Any experience? Other thoughts?

• aecnu

Greetings murdaugh,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Is it possible for me to create a template on the front end to add a product where I can enforce those requirements and then add the product manually (I have experience creating regular wordpress posts this way). Any experience? Other thoughts?

If you are referring to the front in toolbar of a logged in site admin then yes, it is possible to do similar to creating posts the way you have mentioned from the past. However, even then WordPress eventually sends you to the back to make the post.

To allow this flexibility it will be necessary to modify the contents of the front end toolbar adding a custom link to the products --> new product URL

This solution may help take care of adding custom link(s) to the toolbar:
    WordPress Admin Bar Improved

I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.