Adding products to other sites

After adding a product to your site, is there a shortcode where you can paste into other sites, i.e. facebook, tumblr, blog?

Also, can you offer wholesale to a segmented group in addition to retail? Can you offer group prices? Upsell items? Allow the customer to give feedback, rate/comment on the purchase? Can the store recognize the customer (repeat customer) by name? Can you send product promotional emails?

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello mcnair,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

After adding a product to your site, is there a shortcode where you can paste into other sites, i.e. facebook, tumblr, blog?

All those sites can embed content directly from links. It depends mostly on the theme that's used on your site (and/or additional plugins) whether your site provides proper Open Graph (<meta:og> tags) meta data, yet all these services should recognize the content anyway. This doesn't differ from pasting any other URL on your Facebook wall or in Twitter status. I suppose however that you may have had something a bit different in mind so could you please elaborate a bit on this?

Also, can you offer wholesale to a segmented group in addition to retail? Can you offer group prices?

Currently there's not such option yet. There's a simple workaround though. Our Membership 2 Pro plugin allows you to protect some content, making it accessible only to a group of users that signed up (or were added by site administrator) for a selected membership. Therefore you could just add a copy of the product with discounted price and make it accessible only for members of that membership.

There's also a "Coupon" feature that lets you create coupons (e.g. for specific product) that you could distribute to selected customers only.

Upsell items?

Currently there's a "Related products" feature. There are also shortcodes that you could use on any post/page that you could use to promote selected product(s)/group(s) of products. This could also be used with our "PopUp Pro" plugin so as a result it should let you create quite a nice "promo flow".

Allow the customer to give feedback, rate/comment on the purchase?

Although not yet implemented, it's a common feature request. I'm not able to give you any ETA on implementation but it's on a development feature list so should be added with one of future releases.

Can the store recognize the customer (repeat customer) by name?

Customers can purchase products "as guests" or as "registered users". Furthermore, all guests are prompted to (optionally) register to the site. If they register, they'll of course be recognized however will not be "greeted by name" by shop. This is doable but would require a custom template with an additional code such as for example:

Hello <?php
    global $current_user;
    if ( isset($current_user) ) {
        echo $current_user->user_login;
    }
    ?>

Can you send product promotional emails?

MarketPress itself doesn't include any "mass-mail" tools. There's however e-Newsletter plugin that let's you easily sent HTML e-mails to registered users (or a groups of them - by WP user-role and/or Membership 2 Pro membership).

Best regards,
    Adam

• mcnair
      • Flash Drive

Hello,

Concerning adding merchandise to other websites, such as the social medias, for example, Facebook. I want to place a couple of outfits that I sell from my website to my facebook page. How would I do that? Ecwid has an app that only adds your store, which allows visitors to shop directly from Facebook. Same thing with Tumblr. Is there a way i can at least add code to display products on different social media sites?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello mcnair,

Thank you for this explanation.

There's no Facebook app for MarketPress. It's possible though to "post" products to social services the same way as any other posts from your site. There's also a "social buttons" option. Please go to your dashboard's

"Store Settings -> Presentation" page -> "Social Settings" section.

You'll find options there to enable social buttons such as "Pin It, "Pin Count", "Facebook" (Like, Recommend, Share), Twitter. Enabling these buttons will show them on product pages and you and store visitors will be able to easily post products to those services.

Anybody that sees a product posted in a social service will be able to click on it and will be redirected to your shop where he/she will be able to make a purchase.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.