Adding prosites to already existing multisite

If I already have people setup with multisites, can I install/enable prosites to then move them into trial/paid accounts with their associated limitations?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Cirrus123,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The trial is added during site creation; however, you can definitely still allow them to upgrade their accounts. All the existing sites will just have the default "Free" level. They can upgrade at the Pro Site checkout same as any new sites :slight_smile:

You can of course manually move then into a certain level yourself too.

Hope that helps! If you have further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Cirrus123

Hi Tyler - so just to confirm: I have a multisite with 10 subsites. Accordingly they have no restrictions placed on them.

I add pro-sites and activate the plugin.

It then adds restrictions to these users equivalent to what the 'free' level would be. What happens if there is no 'free' level (as in I enable paid accounts only)? Will they be able to log in but then be notified that they have to pay to access their sites?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Cirrus,

Thanks for your reply!

There is always a free level in Pro Sites by default - you can turn on the "Pay to blog" module which locks free accounts until payment is made, if you turned that on then yes the frontend of all your existing users sites would just have a notice on it saying they haven't paid.

However, with that add-on left off, then your existing users can just go about regular business. As you restrict things then it will be restricted for them too - unless it is already active on their site. I believe in that case the plugin/theme would remain active :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler