Adding services to an appointment

Is there a way to add services to an appointment? For instance, in your example tutorial for Curl up and Dye I would like to add "shampoo" for $25.00 to a haircut appointment.

I have tried using the Shared Resources add on but I don't see how I would make that work.

I see a number of folks have integrated it with Marketpress so I am going to experiment with that. Any tips on doing it this way would be appreciated as well

• Ash

Hello @idomagic

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

To add a service please go to Appointments > Settings > Services and add service in there. You can set the price in that screen too. Please check screenshot.

You will also need to assign a service provider to that service. To add provider please go to Appointments > Settings > Service Providers and add a provider to that service. Please note that, providers must be added as an user from Users > Add New.

Using MarketPress with Appointments is really a good idea. To use MarketPress you need to go to Appointments > Settings > General > Payment Settings > set Payment Required to Yes and then check the box for "Integrate with MarketPress". You must have MarketPress activated to use this option.

Then you have to create a product from Products > Add New using the shortcode. The simplest way is to go to Pages > All Pages, edit Make an appointment page, copy everything and create a product with that. Otherwise you can design your own using the shortcodes. You will get all shortcodes and usage in Appointments > Shortcodes section.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• idomagic

Thanks for the reply, I need to add extra services. So I need to add services with services. From what I can tell you cannot book multiple services from a provider. I will play with the Marketpress integration perhaps that is where I add the extra services. These extra services cannot be tied to a provider, that is where the confusion is.

I have a service "Haircut" proved by provider "Cutter Buck." To this service which is really an appointment for, I want to add "Shampoo" and "Color"

Can I do that in Appointments+ or is that a Marketpress feature.

• Ash

Hello @idomagic

Sorry, I am still not clear.

You have a service already called "Haircut". Now do you want to make child service "Shampoo" and "Color" to "Haircut"? If so, that is not possible I am afraid.

What you can do in this case is to create two services - "Haircut: Shampoo" and "Haircut: Color". Then assign one service provider for both services. So there will be no "Haircut" service. Once you assign one provider to both services, the time slots will be calculated automatically.

If I got it wrong, please feel free to explain again and let me know. Also, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check? Note that, you need to make your site live if you want us to access your site.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @idomagic

I see what you mean.

This is not possible out of the box, I am afraid. What you can do is to create 4 services for same provider. So, the structure will be:

Appointment 1 from 1:00 to 2:00 $50.00
    Appointment 1 + Add on 1 from 1:00 to 2:00 $50.00 + $10.00
    Appointment 1 + Add on 2 from 1:00 to 2:00 $50.00 + $15.00
    Appointment 1 + Add on 1 + Add on 2 from 1:00 to 2:00 $50.00 + $15.00 + $10.00

When the capacity is set to 1, only one slot can be booked for any of these four services.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @idomagic

I hope you are well today.

is there a way to present only certain services on the front end?

Yes that is possible. Let me draw a scenario.

You have only service provider - ABC
    You have 50 services but you want to show 45 services in front end.
    So, assign 45 services to that provider, and leave 5 services provider free.

And then when you will use shortcode, use it like:
    [app_services ... worker="12"]
    Where 12 needs to be replaced with the provider's ID.

You will find the provider's ID in Appointments > Settings > Service Providers page in left column.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.