Adding shopping cart sidebar.

I've been trying to add the shopping cart to the sidebar of the specific product page and maybe also the Products page.

I've made the sidebar and on the specific product page I add it, but it doesn't show up anywhere.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

MarketPress pages are virtual and work off the page template, so the widget are should be the same as your normal pages.

So you only want to display the widget for certain products?

I've made the sidebar and on the specific product page I add it, but it doesn't show up anywhere.

I'm not sure what you've done here? Or what you're doing?

You mean you've registered a new side bar in code?

Take care.

• NealF
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have a widget called Custom Sidebars where you can create as many sidebars as you want and just pick the one for the page you want. So I could have a sign-up sidebar for my Home page and a blog posts sidebar for the blog page, etc.

What I've noticed in MP is that after you buy an item it goes into the shopping cart. But the customer has no easy way to see where his cart is. He has to go to my drop down menu for the store to find it.
    I've gotten around it by adding the shopping cart short code on each product page but I thought I could just create a shopping cart sidebar and select that on the individual product page so the customer doesn't have to figure out where his shopping cart is.

There is an option on each products page to select the shopping cart sidebar that I created, but it doesn't show up on the pages.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.