Adding shortcodes on the fly in Appointments+

Hi - Hope you are all well and that you can assist me

I'm trying to add certain A+ shortcodes on the fly.
I wish to use Posts to add Service Provider Bio profiles and also add a set of A+ shortcodes within the post

There will be options for users to filter against ALL Service Providers and then display the filtered results.
Based on the filtered results I want to add the A+ shortcode from each Service Provider Bio Post into the A+ Appointment page so it displays a schedule for each Service Provider.

I've revised the A+ plugin to enable multiple schedules to be displayed on a single Appointment page

Regards
SteveB

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Steve,

I hope you're well today and thank you for using our Appointments+ plugin!

I think I can pretty much understand what you want to achieve here but, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what kind of assistance do you require... That said, could you please elaborate a bit? I mean - do you need an advice on how the plugin is built or do you need some code examples? Please advise. I'll be glad to help.

Regards,
    Adam

• pxwm

Hi @Adam Czajczyk,

Many thanks for your response.

I'm comfortable how the plug-in works out of the box and some of the available hooks, but not all, and I've written bespoke code around some of the hooks and added mu (must use) plugins to support A+.

We've had further discussions on our requirements and I think the most suitable/simple solution would be is to use a custom post to display the Appointment scheduler.

However if I add the shortcodes to a custom post it does not display the schedule

I seem to recall reading on the wpmu forum that A+ does not support adding the shortcodes to a custom post and it only supports the A+ schedule in a page but I can't find any reference when searching.

Therefore initially I would appreciate if you could confirm if there is any solution for us to display the A+ schedule by adding the shortcodes to a custom post

If there is then we would add the Bio and relevant shortcodes to each post for each Service Provider, for displaying as a list based on tags.

Regards
    SteveB

• Michael Bissett

Hey Steve, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I'm curious as to how you have this custom post type of yours set up, as I just tried creating a custom post type of my own inside of CustomPress, and I was able to use this on the page:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_my_appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_services]</td>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_monthly_schedule]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_pagination month=&quot;1&quot;]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=&quot;2&quot;>[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

I've attached a screenshot as to how I have my custom post type set up inside of CustomPress (be advised, it is long), in case you're curious. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.