adding submenu to sidebar

Hi,

I am searching and experimenting now for 2 days but don’t find a solution on how I could add a submenu to my sidebar.

When I click for instance on “Ayurveda Center” from the top menu then I’d like to show the submenu (child pages) in the sidebar.

Any idea how I can get this work?

Here is the site

Thanks,

Oliver

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Oliver,

Wow that is a pretty cool idea though I think possibly quite difficult to program.

What needs to take place as you have probably discovered is that the side bar menu is triggered by selecting the top menu.

However, I have found Floating Menu plugin that may do the trick and according to the author you can place the menu where you want (sidebar?) and it can be activated on a click (click on your main menu perhaps?)

In addition, JQuery Accordion Menu Widget plugin may also be a plugin to consider and as the author describes “Creates vertical accordion menus from any WordPress custom menu using jQuery.”

Please advise if either of these plugins meets your needs and if they work well for you.

Look forward top hearing from you how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• Oliver75
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

the JQuery Accordion Menu Widget plugin is the closest solution, not 100% what I was looking for but a big step forward.

The plugin is able to open from the whole menu tree and on click of a menu then the according submenu opens. Good enough.

The 100% solution would have been that just the submenus show up in the sidebar not the other main menu buttons. I was trying to accomplish that a user doesn’t get distracted and can focus on the menu section chosen.

Maybe this would be an idea either to extend the JQuery Accordion Menu Widget plugin or develop a new one.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Oliver

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.